Discus Club Singapore 13th National Discus Competition
Presenting the judges list (no order of precedence):
• Mr Felix Low
• Mr Chai Koon Seng
• Mr Ivan Seah
• Dr Clifford Chan
• Mr Raymond Lee
• Mr Richard Woon
DCS is honoured to have their acceptance of the invite to judge the event. May we have a good competition!
Competition entry forms:
Discus Club (Singapore) will be organising our 13th National Discus Competition for the period from 21st to 23rd March 2014
Venue and main event sponsor: Qian Hu Fish Farm
Competition Details as follows:
- Bench-in : 19 March 2014 (from 4 pm to 7 pm)
- Judging : 20 March 2014 (from 10am to 4 pm)
- Open to Public : 21 to 23 March 2014
- Prize presentation ceremony : 23 March 2014 at 2pm
- Bench-out : 23 March 2014 (from 4pm to 6 pm)
- Application Fee (per entry) : S$50 (DCS member) S$70 (Public)
A total of 8 classes of Discus fish will be competing in this competition as follows:
- Class 1 : Solid Blue/Green
- Class 2 : Solid Red/Brown
- Class 3 : Red Spotted Snakeskin
- Class 4 : Red Spotted
- Class 5 : Turquoise Pattern/Stripes
- Class 6 : Pigeon Pattern/Stripes
- Class 7 : Unclassified Solid Colour
- Class 8 : Unclassified Pattern/Stripes/Spotted
Attractive prizes as follows:
- Grand Champion : S$ 500 plus S$200 Qianhu voucher
- First prize (8 nos) : S$ 150 plus Hydra Stream 1 worth $99.00 each. ( 8 Units ) OF New Water Guard worth $31.00 each ( 8 Bottles )
- Second prize (8 nos) : S$ 100 plus Qian Hu product, Hydra 50 internal filter worth $89.00 each. ( 8 units ) OF New Water Guard worth $31.00 each ( 8 bottles )
- Third prize (8 nos) : S$ 50 plus Hydra 40 internal filter worth $80.00 each. ( 8 units ) OF New Water Guard worth $31.00 each ( 8 bottles )
All winner trophies for Grand Champion, First, Second and Third are generously sponsored by Qian Hu.
Mr Colin Heng has managed to keep the chellenge trophy as he won the Grand Champion in 3 DCS competitions. We will have a new Chellengers Trophy this year, The DCS President Challenge trophy . The trophy is sponsored by our DCS President, Mr Lawrence Chong.
For entry forms kindly download here
Prepare your fishes!
For any enquiries on the competition, kindly direct you email to Discusclubsg@gmail.com.
A big thank you to Qian Hu for their kind Sponsorship!
DCS will organised more of such members get together events in future and we hope to have you joining us!
This is the first time DCS move out of the usual Pub/Bar and organised a BBQ event. We are glad to have good feedback from those who attended.
If you do have any interesting ideas for DCS Members Night, we want to hear it from you. Do email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Aquafair Malaysia will be held from 21st to 24th November 2013 @ Melaka International Trade Centre. Benching in will be on 20th November 2013 from 10 am to 6 pm.
DCS plans to attend this event as a group if we have enough interest from members. If you are interested to attend the event with DCS, please voice your interest by emailing discusclubsg@
Please note that the event information is taken from Discus Society of Malaysia Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/
Discus Club (Singapore)
Discus Club (Singapore) is holding a members night for November 2013.
The invite is extended to member’s family.
Activity : BBQ Session
Date 10th November 2013, 6:30PM
Venue : 10 Lim Chu Kang Lane 9A Singapore (718878)
Kindly RSVP by emailing email@example.com stating the number of guest you are inviting along.
We hope to get your response by 31st October 2013.
We look forward in seeing you for the event.
* If you are not driving and would require transport arrangements from the nearest MRT (Choa Chu Kang Station) kindly inform us in your email.
Discus Club (Singapore)
DCS is back from Penang farm visit. We had a great time appreciating the top quality Discus of Penang.
A big thank you to all the breeders for their kind hospitality.
You can view the pictures at our DCS “Like” page.
Do give DCS a like!
Group Pictures as follows:
It has come to my attention that some users are unable to complete registration to our DCS forums.
This is because of our spam detecion system that filterd off some members mails as un-secured.
If you encounter problems with registration or could not login, kindly drop me a mail at
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Presenting the DCS committee and office bearers for 2013-2015:
President – Lawrence Chong
Vice President – Roy Khoo
Treasurer – Willy Peh
Secretary – Jesmond Chen
Chan Kok Eng
Lim Nan Hua
On May 30th 2013, DCS organised a members night in view to have a gathering for the members. Over 20 Members attended this event and had a great time networking and sharing.
As this event is in conjunction with Aquarama 2013, its a rare chance where overseas and local members could get together. A fun night filled with good company, drinks/food , music and worthy conversations!