Posted by Jesmond Chen on Tuesday Jun 24, 2014 Under The News
Discus Club (Singapore) is planning a trip to Penang this coming 12th to 14th September 2014.
Based on past trip, estimated cost including flight, food and accomodation around 500 SGD.
To voice your interest or if you have any enquires, kindly email to email@example.com.
Would appreciate if you would voice your interest by 31st July so that we can book air tickets and make the necessary arrangements.
Discus Club (Singapore)
Posted by Jesmond Chen on Thursday Mar 20, 2014 Under The News
Presenting the winners for DCS 14th National Competition.
Congratulations for all winners!
Posted by Jesmond Chen on Tuesday Feb 18, 2014 Under The News
Discus Club Singapore 13th National Discus Competition
Presenting the judges list (no order of precedence):
• Mr Felix Low
• Mr Chai Koon Seng
• Mr Ivan Seah
• Dr Clifford Chan
• Mr Raymond Lee
• Mr Richard Woon
DCS is honoured to have their acceptance of the invite to judge the event. May we have a good competition!
Competition entry forms:
Posted by Jesmond Chen on Monday Jan 6, 2014 Under The News
Discus Club (Singapore) will be organising our 13th National Discus Competition for the period from 21st to 23rd March 2014
Venue and main event sponsor: Qian Hu Fish Farm
Competition Details as follows:
- Bench-in : 19 March 2014 (from 4 pm to 7 pm)
- Judging : 20 March 2014 (from 10am to 4 pm)
- Open to Public : 21 to 23 March 2014
- Prize presentation ceremony : 23 March 2014 at 2pm
- Bench-out : 23 March 2014 (from 4pm to 6 pm)
- Application Fee (per entry) : S$50 (DCS member) S$70 (Public)
A total of 8 classes of Discus fish will be competing in this competition as follows:
- Class 1 : Solid Blue/Green
- Class 2 : Solid Red/Brown
- Class 3 : Red Spotted Snakeskin
- Class 4 : Red Spotted
- Class 5 : Turquoise Pattern/Stripes
- Class 6 : Pigeon Pattern/Stripes
- Class 7 : Unclassified Solid Colour
- Class 8 : Unclassified Pattern/Stripes/Spotted
Attractive prizes as follows:
- Grand Champion : S$ 500 plus S$200 Qianhu voucher
- First prize (8 nos) : S$ 150 plus Hydra Stream 1 worth $99.00 each. ( 8 Units ) OF New Water Guard worth $31.00 each ( 8 Bottles )
- Second prize (8 nos) : S$ 100 plus Qian Hu product, Hydra 50 internal filter worth $89.00 each. ( 8 units ) OF New Water Guard worth $31.00 each ( 8 bottles )
- Third prize (8 nos) : S$ 50 plus Hydra 40 internal filter worth $80.00 each. ( 8 units ) OF New Water Guard worth $31.00 each ( 8 bottles )
All winner trophies for Grand Champion, First, Second and Third are generously sponsored by Qian Hu.
Mr Colin Heng has managed to keep the chellenge trophy as he won the Grand Champion in 3 DCS competitions. We will have a new Chellengers Trophy this year, The DCS President Challenge trophy . The trophy is sponsored by our DCS President, Mr Lawrence Chong.
For entry forms kindly download here
Prepare your fishes!
For any enquiries on the competition, kindly direct you email to Discusclubsg@gmail.com.
A big thank you to Qian Hu for their kind Sponsorship!
Posted by Jesmond Chen on Friday Oct 11, 2013 Under The News
The Aquafair Malaysia will be held from 21st to 24th November 2013 @ Melaka International Trade Centre. Benching in will be on 20th November 2013 from 10 am to 6 pm.
DCS plans to attend this event as a group if we have enough interest from members. If you are interested to attend the event with DCS, please voice your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly voice your interest by30th October.
Please note that the event information is taken from Discus Society of Malaysia Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/175294685968907/) and Aquafair Malaysia Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/events/128547964022241). Discus Club (Singapore) is not part of the organising committee and for any event enquiries, please direct to the Aquafair organising committee itself (Department of Fisheries Malaysia).
Discus Club (Singapore)
Posted by Jesmond Chen on Thursday Oct 10, 2013 Under Events
Discus Club (Singapore) is holding a members night for November 2013.
The invite is extended to member’s family.
Activity : BBQ Session
Date 10th November 2013, 6:30PM
Venue : 10 Lim Chu Kang Lane 9A Singapore (718878)
Kindly RSVP by emailing email@example.com stating the number of guest you are inviting along.
We hope to get your response by 31st October 2013.
We look forward in seeing you for the event.
* If you are not driving and would require transport arrangements from the nearest MRT (Choa Chu Kang Station) kindly inform us in your email.
Discus Club (Singapore)
Posted by Jesmond Chen on Wednesday Oct 2, 2013 Under The News
Posted by Jesmond Chen on Tuesday Sep 24, 2013 Under The News
It has come to my attention that some users are unable to complete registration to our DCS forums.
This is because of our spam detecion system that filterd off some members mails as un-secured.
If you encounter problems with registration or could not login, kindly drop me a mail at
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Posted by Jesmond Chen on Monday Jun 24, 2013 Under The News
Presenting the DCS committee and office bearers for 2013-2015:
President – Lawrence Chong
Vice President – Roy Khoo
Treasurer – Willy Peh
Secretary – Jesmond Chen
Chan Kok Eng
Lim Nan Hua